Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heart and Soul narrowband reprocess

GordonH

Hi All

I recently posted seperate images of the Soul nebula (IC 1848) and the Heart nebula (IC 1805), following comments on some forums that the images were a little on the green side and not enough red showing through, and somebody mentioning that it would be nice to have the two together. Well I have tried to kill two birds with one stone, I have done some more processing on both images by tweaking the levels for each channel and some minor adjustments in the colour balance to bring the red out a bit better and ease off on the green slightly. There is a trade off to this though in that the stars are much pinker in colour which is an inherent problem with using the HST palette. I have posted both images here (not as a mosaic I'm afraid), you can compare them with the originals on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk, at first I wasn't sure whether I liked these versions better or not but after direct comparison in photoshop I do.

What do you think

Best wishes and thanks for looking again

Gordon

post-13589-133877351079_thumb.jpg

post-13589-133877351088_thumb.jpg

Archived