M31 and Peseus Double Cluster last night

baggywrinkle

I have been having issues with the LX850 mount as the Starlock tracking went down on me. It has taken weeks to sort out but luckily it seem I am in time for winter...

Downside? In 3 weeks I am in hospital to have a full left knee replacement, the result of praticing kendo for 25+ years and a busted achilles to boot..no pun intended. I wanted this sorted so I can get back to some deep sky work.

I have the mount hypertuned in the summer by Darkframe and now it is showing an improvement.

Last night | had a go at M31, total 50 mins exposure at ISO1600 in one minute exposures and then the Double Cluster 35 minutes again at ISO 1600 on a Canon 650D. I was using a Prima Luce Airy 65mm OTA on the side of the LX850 mount. Nice round stars and a good flat field as their is a field corrector inbuilt.

Now I need to learn more on Photoshop

20190927 M31 and Perseus Dbl Cluster

M31 PS.jpg

P dbl Pass 2.jpg

Archived