NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Re Run M45

Hi all i had another go at m45 this time the mount did a lot better, i managed to get a few subs i think the max

was 300secs. As you know my processing skills are very weak,so this is the best i could manage i have posted original

file so if someone wants to have a blast and post results back they are welcome..

Any comments were i went wrong also welcome.

http://ukastronomers.com/Pluto/action/download_files/fileid/81

post-13741-133877350559_thumb.jpg

Any more info which camera how many lights exposures etc... any darks what post processing etc...looks like its been stretched way too much I had a look at the tiff and there wasnt that much in there either...sorry :)

A Bit more info might help with the suggestions on what you need to do to get better data..

Sensor or something close to it could also do with a clean....

cant help you withthe camera settings i'm afraid as i'm a DSLR man...cant help with darks bias etc for the QHY8

I would have thought you might have needed a few more longer subs... top of the head isn't good when your starting out with new kit as you really need to take notes so you can see the effect of changes... For M45 theres not really much need to take the shorter subs tahts more important when you have targets with a much higher dynamic range like M42 where you will want to combine short and long exposures to balance the bright core and faint outer reigons..

I would have thought you really want to be heading for a minimum of 1 hours of subs the more the merrier

Billy...

Archived