Cem120 double pier plate (steel) for concrete 12" pier mount options? CW clearance?

I have a cem120 inbound, and in the preplanning phases for a concrete 12" wide pier (inside of pvc for the form).

I'm at latitude 40.5, so i think the CW's will clear the 12" (i think)

The issue is the template for the mounting plate at 8.25x8.25 and 11.67" diag. puts the j bolts or anchors too close to the edge of the concrete. (1.5ish) (also unsure how i go about printing a scaled photo of this to use as a template)

So my thought process has me bolting together two 3/8" a36 steel plates off ebay and putting the jbolts closer to center (via threaded/tapped holes though) and tapping holes in the top mounting plate for the mount.  I'm assuming a36 steel (like this off ebay) is ok to use and 3/8" seemed thick enough though maybe 1/2" to be safe.

My jrods i'm shooting for will be 5/8" across or 3/4" and maybe 13" long (rebar in the tube etc down to 4 feet below grade).

I know there a few 120 users that have custom made a piece that can basically extend the pier to avoid this, but i'm having trouble finding local fabricating shops that do this or do it economically (steel city you would think more do).  At first i hunted for aluminum options for plates (3/4" thick) and most for two 12" ones are $150-$270

Has anyone gone through this with a cement pier and multiple or single plates and found a solution for the cem120? 

Thanks in advance

Congrats on making the choice. 

One pet peeve of mine: could you respond to the other posts you made about deciding which mount to buy? Think of the person googling for the same question and then wondering which conclusion you came to and why. 

On 19/07/2019 at 15:29, Datalord said:

Congrats on making the choice. 

One pet peeve of mine: could you respond to the other posts you made about deciding which mount to buy? Think of the person googling for the same question and then wondering which conclusion you came to and why. 

Yeah will do sorry i usually do that.

And i have actually modified plans slightly, dropping back to 10" pvc and the double plate option, lower plate to jbolts and lower plate connecting to upper via m10 bolts and the upper being the connection to the telescope mount, most likely 4" from the pier top to the mounting area at the top.

Archived