SH2-171

don4l

This is my attempt at blending in some OIII data.  I must admit that I am floundering a bit.

The image consists of 130m Ha, 65m OIII, 15m Green, and 48m Blue. Total 258m.  FSQ106ED at F3.6, STL6303, EQ6 Pro.

I suspect that I needed a lot more OIII data, perhaps 3 hours worth.  The OIII was taken on 29th Sept after midnight.  The moon was low, but I suspect that it might have had an effect!

Most of the post processing was done with The Gimp - which I am becoming increasingly impressed with.

I've tried to set the background level to 10%, but my screen is very bright, so I don't really know how it looks.  Feedback on this would be especially welcome (as I know how to fix that ?).

I appear to have lost what little star colour I had when I tried to add in the OIII, but I think that I can fix this in future.

Comments and advice very welcome.

SH173HaGBb.jpg

Archived