PHD2 "guidelog" vs "debug log" files?

I've just done my second night of guiding (piggyback with QHY 5L II), I'm trying to review the performance with the PHD log Viewer program.

However on the had drive directory where the logs save, there are more of these newfangled "debuglog" files than "guidelogs". In trying to open the former on the Mac version of PHD Log Viewer, the program quits everytime. Therefore I still cannot work out what these files are/do! Please explain for a newbie like myself :)

The guide log records the guiding activities in a structured format for review in programs like PHD Log Viewer. This helps you work out your guiding settings and diagnose issues with your setup. The debug logs are for use by PHD support and developers to track down more technical issues like why your camera isn't connecting and such like.

The debug log and guide log come in pairs. There should be one for each time your start PHD2. If there is a debug log with no guide log it might be because you didn't do any guiding. I'd have to look at the debug log to work that out. ?

Archived