Imaging with a Full Moon... has to be h-alpha

absolutely loving mono imaging - full moon - no problem - the Crescent Nebula is still there to image AND I can watch the distant clouds marching past the Moon in the South :-)

Loving amateur astronomy in all its many guises :-)

David

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 23:14, David_L said:

absolutely loving mono imaging - full moon - no problem - the Crescent Nebula is still there to image AND I can watch the distant clouds marching past the Moon in the South :-)

Loving amateur astronomy in all its many guises :-)

David

Had my first proper night out with my new Ha filter on Saturday (97% moon). Cuts through moon light no problem.I was running 15 minutes subs mainly as I was adding data to my ongoing Veil Nebula.
Tried a 20 min sub and it still was not saturated or washed  out. In fact SGP was recommending I go up to 26mins!

Its certainly a bonus that it at opens up many more imaging opportunities.

One thing I had not realised until yesterday was that the same cannot be said about OIII filters be it 3nm or 5nm etc. They are more subseptible to moon light, though perhaps less so that Broadband filters.

Does anyone know about SII filters are they effected by moon light as much as OIII?

3 hours ago, Droogie 2001 said:

One thing I had not realised until yesterday was that the same cannot be said about OIII filters be it 3nm or 5nm etc. They are more subseptible to moon light, though perhaps less so that Broadband filters.

Does anyone know about SII filters are they effected by moon light as much as OIII?

Thanks for the info about Oiii - I didn't know there would be a difference at this wave length.

David

If you are interested in more discussion on that topic then have a quick look at this video which is where I found out about it. Its 55 minutes in if you are not interested in watching the rest of the video about the new PI tools.  

Archived