NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A couple of widefields from Dorset !!

Just returned from hols in Dorset. Clear skies were expected though sadly the Great British weather had other ideas.

Following the horrendous weather on Sat 9th Aug, I didn't think I'd see a clear night. However on the 14th the clouds parted long enough to justify uncovering the scope and mount.

It had been Sooooo long since I'd put a camera on a scope that I really had to think hard !!

The first is a stack of 10x 45secs @ 400 ISO with the 0.8x fr/flattener on the 66 and a 300D No filters,

first time I've had a go at M31. No darks added(yet) and just minimal adjustment in PS elements(lappy)!

7773_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

the 2nd is M57 5x 1min @400 ISO again no darks yet

7774_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Judging by the stars on the edges I feel I could have gone for longer exposures BUT..... as it was unguided :hello2: daredn't push my luck too much.

Karlo

Just up the road, in Kingstag !

I'm not too impressed with the result here on the page (M31) Trying to get my head round Noel's Actions- in desperate need of an "Imaging Guru" !

I have in total 18 images of M31( don't ask how since I only programmed 10x into DSLR Focus !) I have a gut feeling I could get a lot more out of all of it if only....... :hello2:

I'm very pleased if not Very surprised at the lack of "sausages" in the 2nd picture since that's a stack of 5x 1 minute exposures, polar alignment and star align must have been pretty reasonable for me! :clouds1:

Processing is definitely a must learn !!

I have been working on my M31 images for the past couple of days so I thought I'd have a go at someone else's for a change. Guess who drew the short straw! :hello2:

Seriously though,there is quite a bit of detail in your image under higher resolution which could be brought out with some more work in PS......... Here is a brief idea of what is there........

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

PS. Sorry about the blobby stars....... this was just a quick working image.

PPS. Try flipping the image vertically,it looks better that way up. :clouds1:

Archived