M 45 Zwo 1600 cool osc first image

Hi first post.

Been doodling with a canon DSLR and canon lens with varying success on milky way for a while,

so i went and bought a nice shiny new ZWO 1600 cool osc and as luck would have it had a clear but misty /high dew point night but had to try it out .

Coming from a DSLR i hadnt a clue about this gain / offset witchcraft....!!!!!  after much searching on tinternet settled on unity gain. ( 139 gain/21 offset )

below is a stack of 40 x 120s exposures and Dark subtracted x 20 x 120s all at -20 ambient.

Captured and stacked in NEBULOSITY 4 and processed in Pixinsight (learning both )

Re-sampled to 50%

Dbe

Histogram transformation

Extract luminescence

LRGB combine

HDR Multiscale transform

Dbe.

Oh and attached to my WO gt 81 with reducer and mounted to EQ6 unguided and quick polar align.

Regards

Graham

M45 best yet 22-12-16.png 

Really nice image. Congratulations on this acquisition. You got some of the nebula surrounding the cluster, but probably also some high cloud.

As for processing, after dbe, try background neutralization with a small starless preview as sample. Then colour calibration with the same preview as background sample. Default settings for the other parameters. This will give an overall neutral appearance to the background. Any green cast can be cleaned up using scnr with standard settings, at any stage during processing.

Oh, and btw, dbe is not meant to be done on a stretched image, as results can be unpredictable. (But if it works, it works.)

Cheers,

Hi

thanks for the reply your comments have been taken on board, like I say I'm learning as fast as our weather will let me.... lol

not done a lot before just used tutorials on net for this.....!! 

hope fully get out over Christmas for some more perhaps longer subs ....

oh and merry Christmas 

Archived