NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Image problems

Hello,

I have some weird things in my images.

After DBE in pixinsight i have some weird orange pixels into my picture.

The colors seems to be pretty screwed also after a DBE.

Would this become become i take no flats ? Never had this thing before ( before i used pixinsight )

Next thing i have, my images turn moste of the time blue ? 

If sombody could help me would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings Koen 

orangedust.png

Looks like DBE didn't work, did you let it auto place the crosses or do it yourself?  Flats would certainly help with that vignetting.

Background neutralisation can help fix the colour and you can stretch the channels separately or my favourite is to split RGB into three images and process them separately as mono images.

Hallo en welkom bij SGL, Koen.

The best solution for your problem is to use flats for future images. To fix this image, place samples in each corner and then about 4 evenly spaced towards the middle from each corner, carefully avoiding the main target and any stars. Set sample size larger than the default 5 pixels. Increase Tolerance in Model Parameters (1) to a value that will accept all samples (no sample in red colour). Then use Division as the correcting procedure. Keep the Correction model and examine it closely. Adjust the samples and parameters until the vignetting is removed or minimized.

As for the blue colour. If you don't check the box "Normalize" in the DBE correction section, this will remove most of the colour cast. The remaining colour cast will be removed during colour calibration.

Hope this helps,

Archived