Dew Strap Cable Management

iPeace

Prototype solution. The idea is to keep the anti-dew gear on the scope when not in use, and only have one connection to make when deploying the setup - from the controller to the power source. So only one bit of wire actually hanging down off the scope assembly (still needs to be tucked in away from tripping feet).

tmp_456-DSC_0154708971129.JPG

The dew controller will have its own mini dovetail bar; at the moment the attachment is simulated using tie wraps.

Photo is from last night; note the mess of cables still hanging off the opposite scope and its dew controller resting atop the power source.

I like this prototype solution so far.

:happy11:

To be continued.

Yup - exactly how I do it as I have 4 heaters - main mirror, secondary, wynne corrector and camera anglefinder. I'm also at the same stage of using cable ties to hold the control box on.

If you find a good mini dovetail solution please post piccies and let us know what brand it is etc. Cheers

Archived