NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Trying to process color photo as mono R, G, B photos

I haven't mono camera, so I never process a photo as multi-channel to be combined for RGB result.

Nevertheless I did a test with two photos. I processed each color channel and I did combination as they were from mono camera.

This first try was done with this JPG - 8 bits file (key hole of Eta Carina nebula):

eta-keyhole-k64.jpg

And the result:

eta-repro-RGBL.jpg

Second try, I used the Autosave.tif 32 bits from DSS. I did convertion from 32 bits to 16 bits of each color channel using HDR method of Photoshop CS3, and I processed to have the best quality and details.
After that, I did the combination as they were done as mono camera and filters R, G and B.

For comparisson, the first photo is my best normal and usual color processing. The second was done with this new method (for me !).

Both images have the same image scale: original arcsec per pixel of my set; around 0.65 arcsec/pixel. The apparent different size was due to different crop of the field.

NGC 6164/65 - bipolar nebula

n6164-detail.jpg

n6164-RGB-detail.jpg

I think that I need improve my skills in this method, but it seems that I had a bit of enhancement in detail, noise and colors. Working with independent color channel as layers, instead of color channel, give me more ressource to improve each color channel data. Since I can group many different adjustment layers for each channel.

When I say work with color channel as layer I want say this:

rgbChannelProcess.jpg

I am not working with color channel Tab.

The group green channel is blending mode normal. It was used as green color and luminance. The red , blue and general process group are Pass Through.

Archived