Veil, and Borg tests.

My little 67mm Borg has taken a back seat for a while as the orignal setup has pretty awful stars around the sides and corners.
This is with a crop sensor and it was'nt worth imaging with it to just crop that lot out.

Anyway, I saw some chap on CN had fitted the 1.08 flattner in place of the original reducer.
Thought it was worth a punt on the flattner and off to FLO I went, it puts the Borg out to 324mm but you cannot win em all. :icon_biggrin:

Here is a test that conditions finally let me give it a try, so lets see how it fairs with a full frame, the flattner supposed to cover FF.

There are some odd stars around all the edges but the flattner can be adjusted, so these may be cured.
Anyway, these stars get heavily vignetted buy the full frame Astronomik CLS filter, :hmh:

This was just 4x300 secs at ISO 1600 unmodded Canon 6D, just got these before the usual clouds arrived.

veil6d1.jpg

This is  unedited, apart from a stretch in PI, see the vignetting from the clip filter.

Recently I had been bothered by some odd guiding by the Lacerta MGEN, sometimes all the stars looked double.
My intial thought was balance so checked and double checked it.
The Lacerta settings were basically default with some slight alterations by me and intial results were quite good.
Then it started to deteriorate where in the end the stars were doubling up, almost like two seperate exposures.

I eventually found a chap on the net that had similar guiding problems, so I copied his settings and these seem pretty good.

Anyway, here is the unedted full frame, Borg 67mm 1.08 flattner Canon 6D, yes I was off on my pointing, thats easy to fix. :icon_biggrin:

6dvig.jpg

Archived