Gosky 32 mm EP impressions

Well, the skies in my part of Colorado finally cleared and I got to try out my Father's Day present, an inexpensive Gosky 32 mm EP, with my Celestron 127 SLT. The stars appeared as pinpoints and the eye relief was good. I definitely prefer the wider view to the stock 25 mm EP that came with the scope. 

After doing a 2 star sky-align, everything I goto'd easily appeared within the 32 mm view. I'm looking forward to getting to dark skies (maybe tomorrow night) and trying the EP on a DSO.

I'm pretty happy with my main EPs now (Gosky 32 mm, Celestron 8-24 mm zoom, and Celestron X-Cel LX 7 mm). I still have the stock 25 mm and 9 mm, but probably won't use them.

Does anyone with a similar scope have a suggestion for another EP? Or have I got it covered? Of course, I know that I don't have really high-end EPs, but I've scaled the price of the EPs to the price of the scope.

AFAIK Gosky is an import name and the eyepieces are sold under a variety of names. They look pretty competent. My philosophy on eyepieces is to buy the best you can, a reflecting telescope is just a tube with mirrors. It can only be improved with good optics even if it wasn't an expensive scope.

Archived