NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mirosoft HD Lifecam - Full Metal Jacket

It's going to be a while before I get a dedicated planetary cam, so in the meantime I've replaced the plastic barlow body and o-rings with an aluminium body.

During my window shopping I noticed that one planetary cam has fan cooling, if anyone remembers the old evergreen CPU upgrade kits, I had the fan from one of those, tiny and only 100mA at 5V. After checking it would run without upsetting a USB port I fitted it to the end of the housing and added a 10R resistor to slow it down a tad and a 330uF capacitor to stop it generating noise on the USB line. Wires from plug, camera and fan all brought together on a small square of vero board, housed in a plastic case made by cutting the ends off a larger one and glueing back together. Next time I use some Sugru (for my steppers) I will use a bit to make a cable relief.

Fan and connections case (the fan sucks air in from the scope and out the back, giving max cooling to the sensor)

lifecam 1.jpg

The business end with HD Lifecam appearance obvious.

Lifecam 2.jpg

Archived