NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dual scope, which is best ?

Hello,
  I'm looking for information regarding quality that can provide a small refractor ED in birdwatching.
I have two options:
-A Small refractor ED 66-72 mm erector image and zoom eyepiece.
- A small spotting scope ED of about 80mm.
Both would use, such as dual instrument astro-birding.
I would like to hear your opinions and consejos..Yo have heard that usually refractor star quality is higher than the spotting scope, but they are not waterproof ..
Regards, and thank you very much
Paul

I looked into this a few years ago and came to the conclusion that the compromises were to great.   Certainly at the time (about 5 years ago) I couldn't find anything on the market that worked well as both a spotting scope and an astronomical telescope.   The spotting scope wasn't versatile enough or high enough quality as an astro scope and the astro scope was much too bulky and delicate to use as a spotting scope.  I ended up getting as second hand Opticron 80 GA ED spotting scope and a second hand Skywatcher 80ED Pro astro scope.  Total price was around £600 and I ended up with two scopes, each of which does it's job very well.

Archived