NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Starlight Live V2.1

Paul81

Hi All,

Starlight Live V2.1 is now available via the links below and SX website. This is a minor release containing bug fixes.

OSX: http://www.sxccd.com/downloads/StarlightLive.osx.2.1.zip

Win32: http://www.sxccd.com/downloads/StarlightLive.win32.2.1.zip

From the change log:

- Fixed bug: number of stacked images counter is not reset after changing stacking mode (stacking is always reset when mode is changed).
- Fixed bug: image panning keyboard controls did not always respond (as other controls have focus). To zoom / pan the image using the, keyboard user must first click on the display image to give it focus, then the keyboard controls will function. Likewise, the display processing mode keys will only be active when the display processing tab has focus (i.e. click on one of the controls).
- Fixed bug: when creating a new keyframe during a live stacking sequence a black image is displayed until the next exposure is complete.
- Fixed bug: on slow machines switching modes or resetting whilst images are waiting to be stacked meant that new images would not update until all previous images had finished stacking (giving the impression of a crash).
- Fixed bug: FWHM measurement very slow.
- Fixed bug: Reduced memory footprint of median stacking mode which can cause memory issues on Win32 systems.
- Fixed bug: Invalid FITS export directory can cause the application to hang when saving FITS file.
- Modified the background colour of the image repeat dialog to be black instead of off-white.

As always feedback welcome and let me know of any issues!

Clear Skies

Paul

V3 is basically about binning and for those using the appropriate camera, TEC control (the two go hand in hand in terms of code changes).

In V3 you can bin and stack data in any combination of binning or non-binned. This allows blending of say data at 1x1 and then at 2x2. Binning will work with colour cameras but when enabled the images will be monochrome.

Ive also been experimenting with hot pixel detection, but that will be a V4 candidate. 

I was going to put video export in V3 too but based on recent trends I think just binning control as it will be useful for ultrastar users so want to get it out there as soon as.

Other features in the future include multiple camera control and a few other bits!

Paul

1 hour ago, Paul81 said:

V3 is basically about binning and for those using the appropriate camera, TEC control (the two go hand in hand in terms of code changes).

In V3 you can bin and stack data in any combination of binning or non-binned. This allows blending of say data at 1x1 and then at 2x2. Binning will work with colour cameras but when enabled the images will be monochrome.

Ive also been experimenting with hot pixel detection, but that will be a V4 candidate. 

I was going to put video export in V3 too but based on recent trends I think just binning control as it will be useful for ultrastar users so want to get it out there as soon as.

Other features in the future include multiple camera control and a few other bits!

Paul

Paul,

Great news. 

How will darks work in the scenario where you are using x1 bin but then switch to x2 bin? Will we need to retake darks?

Hiten

The design goal is to avoid re-taking darks. As with stacking, if the image is binned it will scale the image to the size of the dark, apply the dark and then carry on. Hopefully that will have a good effect - will see when it comes to testing.

Basically, if you are going to mix modes, take darks and the initial images at 1x1 and then switch to 2x2. The 2x2 will be scaled to 1x1 resolution for processing and display. If you took 2x2 first then switched to 1x1, the 1x1 will be scaled down to 2x2.

If you are only going to use 2x2, then take 2x2 darks.

HI Paul, thanks very much. I have tried to use Starlight live for drift alignment, but notice that the reticle on the software only runs vertically and horizontally and the angle cannot be adjusted. Am I missing something or is there another way to do this? I am using lodestar X2. 

There is no way to adjust the alignment reticle angle, it was primarily designed for use when aligning the mount goto.

would it work for drift alignment if you rotated the camera in the eyepiece holder?

Archived