Barlow Lens

Appleblossom

Evening all!

Wonder whether you lovely peeps can help me... I have a Celestron Travelscope & have been told that to see a planet, such as Saturn, I need a barlow lens. I only have two eye pieces, a 10mm & 20mm so... can anyone give me any links of where to buy one from as I am a bit clueless :happy6:

I don't have a bottomless pocket, so I am on a budget of sorts, any help would be appreciated :icon_biggrin:

Your scope will show planets with the eyepieces you have - they will just be very, very small in the field of view. A 2x barlow lens will make them look a little larger but they will still look surprisingly small. They do through all scopes really !

You should be able to see that Saturn has rings and Jupiter has 2 main equatorial belts and 4 moons though.

The TAL 2x barlow lens is a good one but I think they are out of production now so hard to come by. The Skywatcher deluxe 2x is not a bad barlow lens for the money. You can get those for £15.00 + £1.50 P&P from the Astroboot website:

http://www.astroboot.co.uk/AstroBoot

Archived