Monitor for image processing

Do you have any recommendations for a new pc-screen? It should be at least 24", IPS-type. Brand does not matter. Budget is about 300-350 USD. I mainly edit night photos (obviously) if that has anything to say on choice of screen... Would be happy for suggestions for what i should look for in a screen to (like size, connections, resolution, etc, etc).

This is pretty subjective [emoji4] Lots of monitor choice - some a lot more expensive than others!

I'm a fan of ASUS monitors personally. I find them good value quality. I wouldn't go smaller than 23" these days and if possible go for 27" - it makes a huge difference!

Ideally also make sure the monitor supports sRGB gamut for best reproduction and if you want absolute accuracy, buy a colour calibration tool to set the correct colour balance in a custom profile.

HDMI or DisplayPort inputs. No real difference in picture quality between the two just a difference in also using sound/support or multiple devices etc.

It's worth bearing in mind no matter how fancy the setup you use your best efforts especially if they are displayed online can be undone by the browser people are using to display the images...

I use a Dell Ultrasharp 30 bit monitor with hardware calibration  and 30 bit GPU... here's a screen grab of the same printer/monitor test image displayed simultaneously side by side  in Edge and Chrome... (Chrome gives the "faithful" reproduction and Edge/IE give it a "boost")

Microsoft Edge Browser (Over saturated)  v  Google Chrome (pretty much the same as Adobe CC)

Edge%20v%20Chrome.jpg

Peter...

Archived