Doubled my pleasure, doubled my fun

...when I search through two finders, instead of just one!

I put the 6x30 optical finder back on my scope. After trying it on the right of the red-dot finder lst night, I opted for the left of the focuser. I thought it might get in the way of the focuser, but it doesnt' seem to, although my beard sometimes brushes it.

It's fairly easy to sight through the finder in that location. A bit like using one of those old-fashioned rocket launchers we had when I was in the Army. I think it will work well.

No. I set it up last night before the sky got fully dark. The transparency wasn't good, and I had difficulty with M37 again. Went back inside to wait for proper darkness, and when I came back out, it was fully overcast. I did find that the location of the finder still isn't ideal, but now I've drilled two holes in the tube (which appears to be steel, not aluminium) and don't want to leave holes all over it.

Archived