Baader Hyperion Zoom has red label saying not for spotting scope

After reading a lot of reviews on Stargazers Lounge and a few blogs, I have bought a set of Baader Hyperion Zoom mark iii along with the Baader Barlow. I have two questions if anyone can help. I have not opened the box in case I have bought the wrong one.

1. It came as a single box instead of two individual boxes as I expected, i guess it is a set and I am not sure if it will have all the accessories that normally come with the zoom.

2. There is a red label on the box saying it is for "Astronomical use only and will not come into focus in a spotting scope".

I read it could be used in a spotting scope and that was the reason i went for it so that it would also be useful for my bird watching younger son as well. In fact baader's fact sheet/brochure has a picture of it fitting a spotting scope, as seen here. Have I bought the wrong lens? Is the one as a set different?

Thanks

Ravi

I'd expect there might be differences using it in a spotting scope. For Zeiss diascopes, it can be threaded in the eyepiece holder, most probably can come into focus, while for many other spotting scopes, some kind adapter maybe needed for connection, therefore resulting in not-enough inwards focus travel.

The best way is to email Baader directly, very responsive, I got the updated specification for Mark III zoom this way:

hyperion-zoom-mark3-specifications_0615.pdf

Archived