NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter Io Ganymede

All this cloud means I've had time to go through 9and get rid of) loads of AVIs and try and get better processing results. I discovered I can use 'cropping' with an offset to put jupiter in a corner so that any moons in the captures get caught as well. Rather than separately exposing for the moons and droppping them in, this means you can mask them off and up their gamma until they show better. I only had one reasonable set of AVIs with more than one moon but I managed this, unfortunately the Jupiter part isn't as sharp as I would like, but I am fsacinated by how capturing the moons makes it all three-dimensional.

Jupiter Io Ganymede crop

Great shot and you have an eye for composition. I did pretty well what you did with my best image of Jupiter. I also like the moons. A link to mine:

http://brunchwithbattutah.aminus3.com/

You should be able to sharpen up the image in the wavelets of Registax 6. Then you can work on it further in Photoshop or the free Gimp. You can also use Noise Ninja to get rid of some of the noise in the image. 

Archived