NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Advice - mount quick to setup with GoTo & load capable of a Takahashi TOA 120

thelargemonk

I'm after advice on a getting a more grab and go mount for visual use (currently have a CGEM DX) that I can get out and setup quick for when those gaps in the cloud appear and will also not take up too much room for storage.

My CGEM DX is a great mount and I will use it more for imaging and when doing all nighters (and I have the energy to set it all up), but would like another that is more portable that I can get out quick and is also easily portable if I wanted to take it to other sites.

I could do with something that will support at least a Takahashi TOA 120 and possibly up to a C9.25, with goto.

Have been considering a Ioptron Mini Tower Pro as it looks like it can be packed down easy for storage and quick to have setup with out feeling like you've been in the gym! It could also carry the C.9.25 and some Naglers and still be in the weight limit, but have come across some mixed reviews regarding quality control, gps issues and jumps in the gears.

Would like something reliable that doesn't need lots of fiddling with and can get going quickly.

Budget wise, not sure, just want some ideas to consider the different options and pros/cons of different mounts out there.

Cheers

Not asking for much then?

I'm nit sure there is such a thing as a grab and go for such a big lump as a 9.25 SCT or a 120 Tak.

I would suggest the Ioptron 25 (I think it is but i've only read about them)The mounts seem to be quite a decent option

Ill re-phase that then, a mount I can leave set up and pick up in one go and move around and then add the scope to. The C9.25 is not a must, but would like to be able to put up to a Tak 120 on it.

Ill have a look at the Ioptron 25 then, was also thinking about a skywatcher HEQ5 possibly

Archived