NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Image of M31

nichendrix

Hi, this is the first good image I get,

I have a Meade LX80 and a SW AZ-EQ6, that I only use for observation. Recently started at astroimaging using the equipment borrowed from the astronomy club sponsored by the observatory of the university I do my graduate studies. This is my third attempt trying imaging M31, since with the rainy weather I couldn't get really good pictures the other times I've tried, also I couldn't frame the entire galaxy with the Imaging Reflector they have, so this is also my first attempt on the refractor.

This is just the Luminescence channel taken from a dark spot the club usually uses for their activities, since a cloud cover formed rapidly after I've taken these shots, I couldn't get the RGB channels on the same session. The shots were taken on a Takahashi FQS-106ED on a Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 and a SBIG STL-1100M camera, guided by a 60mm guiding scope and SBIG Guiding Camera. There are 4x240s and 10x60s shots with the corresponding darks and flats (4x240s and 6x60s). I've stacked on DSS and only adjusted the histogram in Photoshop CC.

Since the holiday break goes until late January, I would not have access to the gear until February. Since I have a lot of free time to kill during the break, I want to spend some time processing this image, for example is it possible create a false color image from it? What can I do to maje it better or improving it? .

Thanks,
Nicholas

post-37836-0-03648400-1419564234_thumb.j

Archived