NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bresser EXOS-2 GoTo Mount - Any experiences?

Hi,

Does anybody in here know the Bresser EXOS-2 GoTo Mount?

Is it any good?

It claims to handle a payload of up to 12-13 kg. Is this valid?

It's going to be used for AP with a DSLR connected to a Skywatchers 80/600 ED DS-PRO Apo refractor.

Any comments?

Thanks

Anders

Quick search and it seems Russ.Will has one, or an early one - minor differences it would seem.

RW_Post

That was his post a year and a half ago.

Opinion is that it is the Meade LX75 Eq mount. RW says his even had Meade on the handset and the handset was the #497.

I see now that it has a different handest, 9 row LCD it would seem.

Also they have modified (improved?) other aspects.

I know the mount got "pulled" at some time, why was never overly clear.

As Meade was sold to Sunny but they had worked with JoC (ES and Bessier owners) I wonder if Bressier took the mount production rights.

You may get more information from the Cloudy Nights site, also you may get better information about the LX75 mount specifically.

At a guess it is the Meade LX75, probably acquired by JoC and produced under the Bressier name with a number of improvements made to it since it was marketed by Meade.

Without someone who has one appearing to give direct feedback it's a bit difficult. However JoC/ES/Bressier do seem to be producing some fair quality items - maybe not the best but equally not the worst.

With the use of software I would search out their site and look for new software and how present software is updated. It either is or will be an integral part of a goto at some time. If there is nothing then I would be a little concerned. Also check if you need the "old" serial port or if the system uses USB. Basically how up-to-date is everything.

Archived