NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tal 125 apo

Hi Guys, newbie on here and just picked up a used Tal 125apo kinda by default as I was considering buying a Skywatcher 127 carbon fibre new. I bid on a EQ6 Pro mount on ebay. Very pleased, mint condition. However, the seller also had a Tal 125 he wanted to sell along with several eyepieces, Mead DSI and a few other bits for £400. (belong to his recently deceased father who had only used 3 times due to ill health) So I though fair enough, worth a punt at the price. Must say I'm very impressed with its performance to date. Though I suspect I will ultimately go for the Sky Watcher 127 as it looks a great scope and receives great reviews.

In the meantime I would like to try out a little solar observing and wondered if anyone knew of a suitable solar filter for this scope, googled and cant seem to find one. 

This is my astronomy revisit after a 30 year break! How  life gets in the way of fun eh! Oh well, back now and cant beleive the array and complexity of product today not to mention requiring a degree in quantum math to understand how to operate the gear! 

Hi Guys, newbie on here and just picked up a used Tal 125apo kinda by default as I was considering buying a Skywatcher 127 carbon fibre new. I bid on a EQ6 Pro mount on ebay. Very pleased, mint condition. However, the seller also had a Tal 125 he wanted to sell along with several eyepieces, Mead DSI and a few other bits for £400. (belong to his recently deceased father who had only used 3 times due to ill health) So I though fair enough, worth a punt at the price. Must say I'm very impressed with its performance to date. Though I suspect I will ultimately go for the Sky Watcher 127 as it looks a great scope and receives great reviews.

In the meantime I would like to try out a little solar observing and wondered if anyone knew of a suitable solar filter for this scope, googled and cant seem to find one. 

This is my astronomy revisit after a 30 year break! How  life gets in the way of fun eh! Oh well, back now and cant beleive the array and complexity of product today not to mention requiring a degree in quantum math to understand how to operate the gear! 

Is it the 125R achromat that you have bought or is it the 125 Apolar ?. There is quite a difference between the two.

I use this type of white light filter with my ED120 refractor:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/solar-filters/astrozap-baader-solar-filter.html

Archived