NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Home brew PZT table for Skyshed Pod

lardy

The Skyshed Pod has its limitations when it comes to viewing the zenith, most owners off set the pier .. My pier was central and housed a Wedged SCT, no problems with the zenith I could always peek past the lip on the dome.

Having got fed up with the Meade forks, I de-forked and set up on a CGE Pro attached to my pier  with the idea of being able to swop out the SCT for my Frac's depending on what I was going to view and leave them all set up and snug in the Pod once finished ... Major problems, no view of the Zenith.

The PZT is not sold due to shipping costs so owners have come up with their own adaptation ... most being a couple of 8x4 sheets of ply and a timber frame.  I have gone the other way wanting a removable frame which is quick to set up and knock down.

All knocked up with two decking boards and 4 lengths x3 meters of galvanised slotted angle iron .. After  bit of welding and grinding I can now get the Pod roof off in less than 10 Mins start to finish.

post-19425-0-70963500-1409835648_thumb.j

And all pushed back

post-19425-0-53312800-1409835701_thumb.j

Total cost ..... about £60 .... Happy Bunny now :grin:

Archived