Protective case

I have just taken delivery of my first telescope and decided on a Skymax 127 with the AZ GOTO mount to make it easier to start out with. I'm looking for some advice around storage and transportation of the telescope, mount and accessories. I suppose I'm looking for something similar to the Lowepro case I have for my camera equipment but I'm unsure if they exist for telescopes. Are there any product specific foam cases or would I be better to get a generic case and then customise the foam inserts to suit. I'm not to bothered about weight and size of the case (within reason) as long as it protects the telescope. Any help or advice is welcome. Thanks.

The only one I know that supply a reasonable selection are TS.

Try: http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/index.php/cat/c89_243-Zubehoer-----Taschen--Koffer--Huellen.html/page/2

This Page 2 and has the Geoptik cases/bags for SCT's and similar.

Someone in the UK must do some but I have no idea who.

I suppose a drive/trip to IAS at the weekend is out of it for you (long trip) otherwise you could have had a look around there.

Archived