Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Few shots from the 27th

My usual impromptu kind of session, noticed it wasn't raining/snowing/gale force winds/100% cloud cover so grabbed my scope and camera and quickly set up in the back yard. On a good note, found out my street pretty much runs exactly north-south, so I can just line up the scope with the house and I'm pretty well polar aligned, at least for casual observing.

Orion nebula, Pleiades and jupiter, Canon 6D, Tamron 70-300mm @ 300mm f/5.6 iso 6400 2s.

IMG_3073_zps9adca464.jpg

IMG_3115_zps8cac27ed.jpg

IMG_3134_zps910cdba9.jpg

And a random shot of jupiter taken at dusk.

IMG_2803_zpsdb99ca0f.jpg

Things to note, the lens needs stopping down, some nasty bloating and coma on the stars, it's amazing that you can pick up that much nebulosity with just a 2 second exposure and I really, REALLY need to take the scope out to a decent spot, my backyard is too cramped and light polluted. Might take it on my next fishing trip up to the lakes if I have room.

Archived