NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Blown out Video

Metalhead

Hello again all , just been out for the first time with the Celestron 127Mak and had some great views of jupiter..however I tried to Video this with my Canon 650D but this came out well over exposed and I had nothing to play with in registax ?? I tried backing off 5 stops on the exposure but this didnt seem to make much difference...Any advice would be gratefully accepted

Are you using live view while you change the ISO settings? Is auto setting not working for you at the very least? Works for me on my 5DMKii. Even though i don't do this myself you can try use an ND filter on extremely bright objects. That might work for you.

Use liveview to monitor and adjust it's the best way. I just did some eyepiece projection of Jupiter with a 5mm BST eyepiece and a 3x barlow and the Auto ISO setting ended up being something like 12k!! The resulting picture came out great even at this high iso. amazing.

OK I have been faffing about with the canon and have realised that I have not been using the video mode often enough to see that this can be used in various settings NOT just Auto (DOH) So hopefully I can elminate the overexposure by going into manual and playing with different ISO and Shutter speeds..Watch this Space

Archived