NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Od begger!!

spurius

1st clear night for ages. I thought I would go check out that supernova but.....................A FULL MOON!!! That dam thing spoils everything. I didnt mind Ganymede, Callisto, Europa or Io. They were out but they dont render galaxies invisible from my line of sight. I REALLY wanted to see that supernova, even if it was indistinguishable from a faint star. In astronomy its quite literally the thought that counts. Just the thought of that smudge of light being the sum total brightness of 100+ billion stars, and here is just a single star that rivals all of them in apparent magnitude. 

The full moon does indeed spoil many a galactic view, but it is one stunning object on its own with so much to offer. When the full moon is out, we can either choose to curse it or as I prefer, embrace it. I am ordering a moon filter today so the next time it is full, I can appreciate it even more.

Never let the moon spoil your night. :)

Archived