NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion Widefield

as the moon was out on the 10th feb - but with clear skies too good to miss, I decided to zap jupiter with the 12" dob and take some widefield images of orion using my new CSC camera.

it was only after i uploaded them to DSS i realised i left the camera in jpeg file format... !DOH!

but i stacked them anyway (all default settings) and did some moving of the levels in DSS and thats that. I am sure it could be much better if taken in RAW and then played with, but thats way beyond my limited understanding of imaging software....

so here it is, orion widefield fighting with the moon and a nearby streetlight...

samsung nx100 compact system camera - aps-c sensor and 20-55mm kit lens at 30mm F3.6, plonked on a tripod

52 subs 800ISO 10 seconds each 

6 darks

post-26554-0-06129500-1392330160_thumb.j

i then decided to do the image again using different options in DSS, sigma kappa and stuff and none of them looked anywhere near as good, so i'm giving this one up as done by sticking with 'default' DSS settings...

hope its ok to post it in here.

nick

edited to add: posted this to astrobin but it wont let me link to it... so i saved it from there to my tablet and attached it here and it has lost a lot of the image quality. so heres the link to the image in AB for a better version.

http://cdn.astrobin.com/images/thumbs/c1c0a9c1da29fcd188a01ae5036e7e37.1824x0_q100_watermark.jpg

Archived