NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Might have to take a couple road trips!

Kirscovitch

Ran across this webpage earlier. Only shows 2 sites but both look promising. The Poniatowski site would only be about a 45 min drive from here. Also it is the exact center of the northern half of the the western hemisphere! Should have no problem putting the coordinates into the goto!  :grin:

http://www.observingsites.com/ds_wi.htm#Poniatowski

Should have no problem putting the coordinates into the goto!  :grin:

I await the post saying how the whole night was lost as the goto coordinates would not work. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seen too many where UK scopes have thought they were in Brazil, a few have been in even weirder places, one was still in the UK, just not where it really was.

See it is a nice warm -24C there at present.

Actually looks within reasonable distance of someone I worked with, just cannot recall exactly where he moved to but it was that direction and distance from Milwauke. Maybe a little South, always said he would have to share with the hibernating bears. :grin: :grin:

Friend is about 50 miles South at just below Mauston, I90/94 it looks like.

I have to keep an eye on the time and date settings lately. Seems like it wants to time travel back to 2010.

Temp wise it has not been the most pleasant winter. If it's not bitterly cold, it's snowing. I have braved it on occasion and gone out for an hour or two here and there. It's really getting old though. Hopefully spring will come early this year. 

I know where Mauston is. We used to drive through it on our yearly spring turkey hunting trips. It's about a 2 hour drive or so.

Archived