NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Invalid procedure call or argument. Error 5

I am getting the above error, when trying to open Alignmaster on my windows 7 laptop, the software installs ok, but when I try and open I get the error box, with the above error, has anybody else come across this?

If so any ideas as to how to get it to work, I have emails the software owner, but with no response, I am annoyed as I bought a serial key for the software before I had tried on my laptop, even though it was only £12.

Regards

Olly

I am getting the above error, when trying to open Alignmaster on my windows 7 laptop, the software installs ok, but when I try and open I get the error box, with the above error, has anybody else come across this?

If so any ideas as to how to get it to work, I have emails the software owner, but with no response, I am annoyed as I bought a serial key for the software before I had tried on my laptop, even though it was only £12.

Regards

Olly

I have just installed the trial version on my Windows 7 machine and it works fine.  I noticed that the install process asked to overwrite two newer files during installation which I said no to.  The error is related to Visual Basic.  Maybe (re)installing the Visual Basic runtime may help, this can be downloaded.  The files that were to be overwritten were Microsoft files so I presume they were part of Visual Basic.

I have just installed the trial version on my Windows 7 machine and it works fine.  I noticed that the install process asked to overwrite two newer files during installation which I said no to.  The error is related to Visual Basic.  Maybe (re)installing the Visual Basic runtime may help, this can be downloaded.  The files that were to be overwritten were Microsoft files so I presume they were part of Visual Basic.

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I have tries first by not replacing the files as you did mad that did not work, so tried again overwriting the files and exactly the same

So now I am stumped

Olly

Archived