cropping sky area

I am not sure where to ask this but i was looking at an area of orion (the nebulae) with a pair of 8X36 bino's two nights ago and the field of view was a wonderful sight, the nebulae just hung there glowing brightly seemingly suspended in space and i need to get an image of this, the lens i have is a 150 f2.8, which isn't powerfull enough to get this scene, i have to include the belt stars along with a large surrounding area, how do i get 8X magnification from an Orion 80ED (600mm) is there a focal reducer to do this or what is the proceedure here, i think what i need is somewhere between the binocular view and the telescopic view which is way too tight a FOV.

Neil.

A 150mm lens will give you a nice widefield including horsey and the belt stars along with a nice sized view of M42. The 600mm of the 80ED will give you a really tight shot of M42. If your wanting a wider view to get all of it in then most astronomy suppliers will do reducers for the 80ED. Contact your local astronomy kit supplier and have a chat.

Archived