NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon Question

Hi guys

First off thanks for the answers. I just had a question in regards to darkness in a light polluted area. If  you have a 74% illumated moon, but  the moon only rises at 10pm and I am viewing stars at 9pm. How does that compare with the kind of darkness of a new moon? Would the visibility be the same or would there be more darkness if I was viewing with a visible new moon. Bit of a newb question soz.

Other than that I live in Cape Town, South Africa, in a suburb with low light pollution. I'm getting my first telescope on the 17th of Feb, which is a Orion XT8i. Very excited :) Also ordered a Celestron Ultima LX 17mm ep and a WO SPL 6mm to begin with. I'm planning on investing in the future over time on a 7mm WO UWAN, a Panoptic 27mm, and perhaps a Panoptic 19mm, and also a 16mm WO Uwan. But that's over the long term ;)

Archived