NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PL2023, EQDIR and BSDs' - W7/32

obscura

If anyone has had the Blue Screen of Death lately then perhaps this may be of help.

The USB-RS232 driver PL2023 is as recommended on the Hitec Astro site. Never really had any problems with earlier versions but needed to download latest revision 10518 after general USB cable problems and their like - this was a month or two ago. Occasional BSDs occurred which I eventually reasoned to be down to the PL2023. The only way I could clear the problem was by a Windows recovery or loading an earlier backup. And who needs that?

In fact I was about to ask for help this morning after another BSD hit when Windows advised an updated version 1.9. This is now downloaded and in use and so far so good but will take a few more days to verify. The dowload includes other goodies one of which identifies the chipset in the EQDIR, user guide etc. The chipset identifier didn't seem to work for me as yet, but early days.

Will follow up later when performance is verified, or not.

Archived