New member looking for help

paulieraw

Hi, I am newish to stargazing, in the past I have had a few dodgy buys and inflated expectations. The "what to expect" guide is excellent, this brought me down to Earth,  a good starting point.

Non-the-less when I had a scope, or two in the past I could never see anything other than random stars, I can look up for that! In fact most of my stargazing is done doing just that -Looking up

A couple of ipad aps have made it interesting should I say more interesting as I just never bore of looking up. The night sky is like a work of art in my mind, and like fine art I never tire of the sheer beauty of it, particularly on a clear night.

But I digress, getting back to the title, I would love to get a better view of the sky and some of its closer objects in more detail without the frustration, but with clearer expectations. So if anyone lives near Ely in Cambridgeshire and would not mind showing me some of these delights one night when the conditions are right, I would be happy to return the favour with a pint.

Thanks I will give them a try.

I have yet to find an AA group who are not very welcoming to people who show an interest.  Some (but not all) may even have a scope you can borrow for a short time so you can decide if you wish to buy one of your own.  Good luck and enjoy.

Archived