NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Frustration, oh yea, frustration, wow, frustration

Fypunky

Thursday's are not a happy day, we have a late clinic so I don't finish until 7pm so by the time I have cycled my way home, had tea, its knocking on 8.30pm and as I looked out the window at work we had clear sky's!

Cycling home with Jupiter and the moon beaming down I thought we might get some viewing in tonight, as I reached home the clouds had rolled in and was pretty much covering large parts of the sky. I had tea and was in the kitchen, as I looked out the window I thought, thems are stars shining down so popped the head out and the sky had cleared.

The scope was set up, our livi was at cubs but was due home anytime, as the moon was being covered by the chimney I pointed up to Jupiter, oh yea this is good and I was suprised how clear an image I was getting so whacked up the mag to 216x put the blue filter on and was looking at the beauty of Jupiter and its belts, every so often they became crystal clear, I was gently being hypnotized by it but then the clouds came back in, arggghhhh.

I could hear livi come out the door so we waited as there was a gap in clouds coming back towards us and instantly had her viewing the spectacle, wow dad this is really clear she was saying.

After about half an hour we gave up as the moon was having more of an effect so we popped the moon filter on and enjoyed looking at the moon in its full disk glory spotting loads of different craters we had not seen before but then as before the clouds came back, we packed up and about half an hour later I could hear rain against the window. 

Jupiter is getting better every time I look at it, we are hoping the forcast is good for Sunday morning and if it does look good we will set the alarm clock and get our view of saturn.

Archived