First (proper) light with GT-81

m37

5 x 5 minute lights, 5 darks, 30 bias, 20 light. Really pleased with how this came out for my first run with the new scope; even with a fair bit of saturation the colour seems pretty good.

Excuse the processing, still getting to grips with that. Awful conditions too at the moment. There's a kind of weird mist in the air, even when it's really cold.  :)

post-31053-0-03259400-1388621219_thumb.p

Here is a close-up of the middle

post-31053-0-06194800-1388621283_thumb.p

cheers

Chris

They really look good, nice colours too. The GT81 is an interesting scope, I am sure that it will serve you well. I also agree that there is something strange in the air at the moment it looks as if moisture is permanently trapped which causes star bloat and horrible background noise, strange with all the wind that we have had this thing is not cleared up.

Regards,

A.G

Yeah, I'm really enjoying the scope. Made a bit of progress with DSS settings too, less washed out, more colour! I can get back to learning about processing now, not really done much for a few months while I've been getting set up and learning how to guide.

Here's a snap of Bode's Nebula and the Cigar thingy:

post-31053-0-98860700-1388667091_thumb.p

Yeah, I'm really enjoying the scope. Made a bit of progress with DSS settings too, less washed out, more colour! I can get back to learning about processing now, not really done much for a few months while I've been getting set up and learning how to guide.

Here's a snap of Bode's Nebula and the Cigar thingy:

attachicon.gifBode and cigar.png

That is a decent capture of these two small targets. Very liitle CA around the stars too.

A.G

On New Years Eve I spent about 2 hours playing with the AstroTrac. My wife wanted me to find Andromeda, and as she bought me the AstroTrac who am I to argue:

get.jpg

As I was playing it is a stack of 1x60s, 1x120s, 1x300s and 1x600s (the 10 minute was just to see how good the alignment was), which makes 18 minutes in all. Stacked, cropped, and heavily over processed ;)

The only problem was that there is a great big streetlight that shines across onto the patio where I was set up, so I spent all of the exposure time stood still between the light and the camera holding up A4 sheets of black craft foam as as a light shield from the various light sources.

On New Years Eve I spent about 2 hours playing with the AstroTrac. 

Oops, somehow I manage to post this here rather than in the 30 minute challenge thread where it was meant to go and I do not have enough posts yet to be able to edit or delete my post ;(

<hangs head in shame>

Oops, somehow I manage to post this here rather than in the 30 minute challenge thread where it was meant to go and I do not have enough posts yet to be able to edit or delete my post ;(

<hangs head in shame>

honestly, how dare you ;)

As if people need a diversion from me going on about my new scope. I've barely mentioned it ;)

Archived