NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Light Filter Help Pls!

Hi all,

So after what feels like many moons of waiting to use the new 200p Dob I bought my mum for xmas, I was pretty horrified to observe from the balcony at the back of her house that, as darkness fell, several massive open air floodlights (ie, pointing to the sky with no covers on top of them) were turned on from the factory of unknown usage that sits about just over half a mile from her otherwise utterly secluded house, literally flooding the sky with bright white light.

Please, can anyone advise me as to what type of filter could best combat this? I was more than slightly p***ed off and really, really disappointed and deflated about this as given the location of her house, I;d banked on permanently really, really dark skies, and this was a massive factor that went into me choosing the scope that I did for her, as she would be unable to move it from where it sits due to her having buggered wrists and unable to carry heavy objects, and its weight. I had never noticed those floodlights from that blumming factory before. I swear I wanted to fire bomb the place....

Many thanks in advance for any advice suggestions you may have,

Victoria.

Archived