Celestron CPC 800 Edge HD setup

I have a Celestron CPC 800 Edge HD and have been connecting my DSLR to it using the Celeston T-Adapter #93644. Now I want to be able to add a barlow into the equation and wondering the best way to do this.

What are people using to attach a DSLR using a barlow in this set up? I also have the Philips SPC800 with a 1.25 adapter. Also after any advice on a good barlow for planetary imaging Thanks

Thanks,

Lee

I don't use a camera on the 925 - I have a different imaging rig now - but I used to use a dslr on my old 800. Slightly different config though - I had a 2" diag direct on the visual back and the camera attached to a T-2" adaptor inserted in the Powermate. It could also take the SPC cam.

For your scope though - being the Edge with it's flat field - the Powermate is the best available. It just magnifies and gets out of the way. With an ordinary barlow you'd just introduce problems.  :)

Archived