ISS and M45

Pleiades has always been one of my favorite night sky objects.  Ever since I was little I could spot it with my naked eye.  I always called it the "Tiny Dipper" because to the naked eye it resembled a very tiny version of the other 2 "dippers".  I also recently took an interest in the ISS.  When I discovered you could see it passing overhead at night, I've been trying to catch it through breaks in the clouds ever since.

The skies were clear tonight as the snow storm that pelted us all morning had moved on.  I took advantage and set up to catch the ISS as it crossed overhead.  I really didn't even know I had captured Pleiades until I downloaded everything to my laptop to do some editing.  I was very pleased.

All I did to this image was crop it and adjust the levels slightly.  I don't really see much point in heavily editing a picture of a bright line in the sky.   :grin:

Just like my last shot of the ISS, its nothing impressive, I just thought I would share.  Let me know what you think.

ISSandPleiades_zps1341cff1.jpg

Sony a300

Sony 50mm lens @ f1.8

4 seconds @ ISO 100

Archived