NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

image train

KyleStoke

Hi

I don't have any of that equipment but I can hazard a guess.

I imagine the flattener would be M56 straight on to the drawtube (although you don't specify which flattener you have) leaving you an M48 thread which you need to connect to the filter wheel, usually a t thread. I presume this means you do indeed need an M48 to T adaptor. Once the filter wheel is attached to the FR you just need to put the T thread to 1.25 barrel adaptor into the filter wheel (should have come supplied with one) and the Atik will sit in it nicely.

That's just thread sizes though, spacing requirements for focus will vary according to the specific components you have.

A T to M48 adaptor wouldn't cost too much and it will give you an idea of where you need to be. Presuming your filter wheel came with the usual accessories.

This is the kind of thing http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/flo-m48-to-t2-adapter.html

If you want to get an answer from anyone here who has the same setup you would be best specifying the exact make and model of all components and the configuration you are trying to acheive. Alternatively drop FLO a line and ask if they have what you need, they will sort you out.

cheers and all the best

Christoph

Hello Christoph

Thanks for your reply

My spacings are all pretty much sorted, the issue was the m48 to t2 part i just couldn't get my head around it yesterday (probably because i haven't actually got my filter wheel yet)

I came across the part you linked in and ordered it yesterday, it came today and works a charm.

I'm all ready to go now once my filter wheel turns up.

thanks again for your help

Archived