NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Moon: I was wrong

Naemeth

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do love looking at the Moon, more so with the naked eye and just looking up than with the scope.

Imagine if we didnt have it, and we saw all the other moons in the Solar System, we'd wish we have one.

Matt.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

According to science, if we didn't have it we wouldnt be here at all!

I think the Moon is massively underrated by many.  It's a fascinating thing to look at, and perhaps the only one that most people will ever get that "reach out and touch it" feeling from.

James

That is always my feeling too.  The moon is the only object that offers a level of detail that can't be rivalled by anything else and offers a unique observing experience. Imagine putting the entire Wimbledon tennis complex on the moon, in a reasonable size scope you may just be able to make it out as a feature, nothing else offers anything on that scale that we observe.

For me anyway, If there is anything but a bit more than a visible moon I don't waste my time with DSOs, it is just a washout, so I just embrace it instead, wait for it to set before embarking on deeper sky.

Archived