WOW I spent big $$$ on a Baader 8-24z, 2.25 bb tiny $ on orion 4.5 starblast

And let me tell you!!!!  I am so glad I bough the zoom.. I am not made of money, but I figured a good optic on a cheap scope is better than an expensive scope and a cheap optic..  

Jupiter was so kool last night. I put the barlow on it and even with my little 4.5 orion min-dob..  Jupiter and its moons were AMAZING.  

And being able to zoom out withe baader to get on the planet and then just simply zoom in.. wow. how nice.  and since I can't compare it to expensive eyepieces I can't say how the baader does against them..But let me say,, the rings of jupiter were easily seen with all of their beauty and color and glory.. wow.. still in awe..

Just wanted to let all who wonder if they will like the baader 8-24 zoom.. I say YES.. but, DO get the barlow for it too. Because without the 2.25 x mag on it,, Jupiter could be seen and the rings would come in and out of view.. But once I put the barlow in it and was using equivelent of what. about 3.5mm eyepiece..  as I have said and will say again. WOW.. 

I cannot wait to see more, and saturn is coming..

side note question which I am going to post on another topic.. These red dot finder scopes are all but useless when you get the scope pointed 70 degrees or more.  Is there a better solution..  I tried using a small mirror behind it so I could see through it, but that was difficult too..

Was looking at other types..  anyone here steer me to what they feel is the best over all solution...  

thanks..

consider that baader..  nice nice..  with the barlow-- 10 quality eyepieces in one for 400 bucks.. 

Now I am waiting for the right deal to come around for an 8 or 10" dob..  oh yeah... 

Archived