NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion XT10 dob

I've purchased one of these tonight second hand. I think I had a good deal for £110. There are no handles, so I'll have to get these. Also, the mirror has numerous spots on it. Have I done the right thing? I'll probably sell the SW200p dob now.

Congratulations - sounds like a real bargain you got there.

Can I respectfully suggest you give the XT10 a good test before parting with your tried and tested 200p though!  As a v happy 200p owner I'd hate to see you regret selling it on if the XT10 doesn't quite pass muster....

it may be worth cleaning it and see, depending on how bad it is, and see if the spots come off. Personally I am of the opinion mirrors can get quite dirty before it is worth considering a clean. I recently cleaned the secondary on my small heritage and it looks like new, but the views are pretty much the same best I can tell.  Bigger visible spots/splodges like finger print sizes I'd probably want to get rid of them though.

edit; and congrats on the scope, sounds like you got a good deal :)

Archived