NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sharpcap with SPC900 LX and windows 8

I have just modified a SPC900 webcam for LX. It's the mod that only has a single USB connector output as my laptop, running windows 8, has no serial or parallel ports, just USB2

In SharpCap the camera is recognised and seems to work in the non LX mode.  The LX version is also listed OK in Sharpcap's camera selection.

But when trying LX I get the message "LX configuration is incorrect!" at the bottom of the screen, and no frames are captured.  The LX switch on the SPC900 mod is in the LX position when trying LX, BTW. and the screen shows a picture with more gain than in the non LX SharpCap mode.

On searching for this term most direct one to the port sections of the PC's control panel.
BUT, as my PC has no ports this section is missing in my control panel and so I am stuck.

Has anyone used SharpCap with windows 8 and a  modified SPC900 and could they help me get unstuck, please? :smiley:

Thanks.

Archived