NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eyepiece sets

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is very good information for me.

Thanks for taking the time to conduct the test. I really appreciate it.

Results:
6mm 6deg Eyepiece: 76/700 focuser-tube reaches about 2-3cm into the telescope-tube when focusing on an object about 400m away (sadly, furthest point I can aim at on balcony)
With 2x Seben/Orbinar barlow (15-18€): About the same

9mm on 76/700 ->

x2Balor = 145x, 0.49 exit pupil (a bit too low but okey on brighter planets, usualy 0.5-0.6mm is considered the usefull magnification limit)-> Moon will be amazing. Saturn rings (when it's up) may show the cassini division despite the barlow contrast loss; Jupiter will be nice to view, depending on the conditions perhaps more then just the two center cloud bands, too dark for most other things though)...

I was getting good results at 116x magnification - but I didn't have a useable barlow to test at 140x maximum.

After listening to my own advice, I definitely need to get myself a 5mm BST, and not bother with the Seben Barlow.

The 200p Dob will get the Revelation Plossls at magnifications of 48x / 100x / 200x / 250x  (and 333x if required)

With plan B for the 700x76 = Stock 20mm / Skywatcher 10mm / 5mm BST Starguider ED - at magnifications of 35x / 70x / 140x

2-3 cm focus travel doesn't sound like much.

But it is a massive intrusion into the path of a 38mm radius mirror.

This is what 3cm looks like. You can tell the light input is impeded.

700.JPG

That's 3cm?

then I have to mesure and not just eyeball it. Mine was in two fingers broad maximum.

I'll try to take pics tomorrow.

A quarter of that into the tube probably.

too bad I don't have a thing to focus on here during the day thats further away.

the bst types are great, I would exchange my 30mm plössl right away if I could for a wide angle ep.

My mistake - the picture is 4cm intrusion.

The outside diameter of the tube is 12cm (6cm radius) 

I'm looking forward to upgrading the old faithful scope.

And I can use the 5mm on the new 200p as well.

Archived