NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help needed for synscan

Hi there

I need a little help in setting my synscan for when i enter my location on google maps it has got latitude 50.785615 and longitude -3.652890.

latitude deg 50 minutes 47.

longitude deg -3  minutes 39.

i end up putting this in the synscan handset 050.47w 03.39n but i put the same input into latitude and longitude finder and end up with somewhere in france?

ive watched youtube astronomy and nature how to set up the synscan goto but i just cant get passed this so called easy set up if you could put me in the right direction so i know what im doin it would be great im using this set up to take to exmoor which is about 20 miles away so decided on a more portable set up many thanks david

i end up putting this in the synscan handset 050.47w 03.39n

The wrong way round.

it is: 050.47N  and 03.39W

On Synscan I think you enter Longitude first so the first number will be 03.39W then 050.47N

When asked the timezone is something like 0 or 00

i end up putting this in the synscan handset 050.47w 03.39n

The wrong way round.

it is: 050.47N  and 03.39W

On Synscan I think you enter Longitude first so the first number will be 03.39W then 050.47N

When asked the timezone is something like 0 or 00

i can input 5 numbers first for west but only can input 4 numbers for north thanks for your help

i can input 5 numbers first for west but only can input 4 numbers for north thanks for your help

i will put in 030.39w 05.47n would that work ? thanks

i can input 5 numbers first for west but only can input 4 numbers for north

Makes sense, you can get above 100 degrees East or West but not above 90 degrees North or South, so Longitude needs an extra digit.

I just cut and pasted what you entered = too lazy to type the values again and easy to get one wrong.

Add or subtract the leading zero as required.

50.785615N 3.652890W gives Butts Park Crediton, No92 ?

You will enter: 3 39'W, then, 50 47'N

If you go checking on an online map you will probably have to reverse them to Lat-Long

hi i put 003 39 w  50 47 n

looks good to me 92 wasnt far wrong so your settings look good to me i need to play with this as i want to use it for dark sites many thanks for your help and everbodys elses help thanks :laugh:

Archived